Is Kybella Jawline Contouring Right For Me?
Is your once-defined jawline beginning to fade? With age, the skin around your chin will inevitably sag. Even if your facial features weren’t particularly chiseled to begin with, the lost definition can add years to your appearance. Kybella jawline contouring provides you with a targeted method of sculpting your skin and dissolving pesky double chin fat.
The Top Causes of Lost Jawline Definition
When you don’t look like yourself, you don’t feel like yourself. Lost jawline definition isn’t a simple matter of body fat. Make no mistake, if you have weight to lose, your jaw and neckline will be less defined. However, there are a variety of factors that contribute to sagging skin and the chin fat most often referred to as a double chin.
- The natural aging process: As you age, your skin’s elasticity and firmness gradually decrease. You also lose bone density. Both factors cause your once prominent jawline to recede.
- Weight gain: From pregnancy to hormonal weight gain, gradual weight gain, or a lifelong struggle with weight. The more body fat you have, the less chiseled you’ll be from the neck up.
- Genetics: How you age internally and externally is directly related to your genetics. Genetics can skip multiple generations but look to your family for clues to how you may age.
What Is Kybella?
Kybella is a revolutionary injectable treatment designed specifically for the chin and jawline. It contains the naturally occurring molecule deoxycholic acid. Unlike a dermal filler that’s designed to plump, Kybella targets, dissolves, and absorbs fat cells. It achieves this without harming any other tissue or cells. It’s a 100% surgery-free procedure.
How Is Kybella Administered?
Kybella is a multi-session aesthetic treatment. One session is not enough to stimulate gradual results. Each session takes approximately 20 minutes. A topical numbing agent is applied before we begin, so the treatment is completely painless.
Once you’re numb, a series of 20 to 50 micro injections are administered, spaced 1 centimeter apart. If jawline contouring is your only objective, you may need closer to 20 injections. The larger the treatment area, the more injections are required.
It will take at least 4 sessions, spaced 2 to 4 weeks apart to achieve maximum results, with an average of 4 to 6 sessions total. Results will gradually improve starting between 4 and 6 weeks.
What If I Miss a Kybella Session?
When you schedule your initial consultation at Rejuvenate, we’ll estimate how many sessions you’re likely to require to refine and sculpt your jaw. The larger your fat cells, the more likely you’ll need the full 6 treatments.
You aren’t likely to see results after 1 session. If you go longer than 4 weeks between sessions 2+, the results you achieve will sustain, they won’t reverse. However, you may need to start back at the beginning for optimal fat cell loss. Without completing your sessions, there’s also a greater likelihood that your sagging and double chin will return as you gain weight.
If you complete all sessions, results are likely to be lifelong. Since Kybella dissolves almost all of your chin’s fat cells, the results are long lasting. If you gain an excessive amount of body fat more treatments may be required.
Is Kybella Right for Me?
The only way to determine if Kybella is right for you is to schedule a consultation. We’ll assess your health, medical history, and aesthetic objectives. If for any reason Kybella isn’t right for you, we’ll discuss other options for jawline contouring. We may also suggest a combination of treatments to firm, lift, define, and restore your appearance.
Kybella may not be right for you if:
- You’re mid-treatment for other injectables or aesthetic therapies.
- You have cosmetic surgery planned.
- Your skin or the injection area is inflamed.
- You have problems swallowing.
- You have a bleeding or blood clotting disorder.
- You’re breastfeeding, pregnant, or plan on becoming pregnant.
- You’re on prescriptions that may interact with Kybella.
Does Kybella Have Any Side Effects?
Kybella is safe and effective for most, has no downtime, and requires minimal changes to your daily routine. The most common side effects are redness, mild pain, bruising, and swelling. These symptoms peak 24 to 72 hours post-injection. Swelling and sensitivity can last 2 to 3 weeks.
Serious side effects are rare but can occur. Contact us immediately or seek emergency medical care if you experience:
- Excessive bruising
- Hair loss
- Facial muscle weakness
- An uneven smile
- Changes to your facial appearance
- Drainage and/or open sores
- Numbness that lasts more than 3 days
- Severe pain or symptoms of any kind
Looking For Jawline Contouring in Prosper, TX?
If you’ve lost the youthful angles in your face, we invite you to schedule a consultation with Rejuvenate. We’ll create a tailored treatment plan for jawline contouring, blasting double chin fat, and refining your lower face.
We also have aesthetic options for the face, lips, neck, and body. Stop wasting time and energy going it alone. Schedule your consultation today!